Nothing is worse than seeing your brand new patio or deck full of clutter, dirt or debris. Unfortunately, it’s almost inevitable that this outdoor space will encounter times when extra cleaning is needed. Whether it’s muddy footprints from your dog or kids, foliage from nearby trees, or regular buildup of dirt and debris, you won’t want to neglect your outdoor patio or deck.
There are several things you can do to prevent this. It starts with simply keeping your outdoor deck or patio tile clean. Just sweeping away the dirt and debris can make the area look nicer and feel much cleaner.
If you want to enjoy your patio or deck for years to come, it’s important to put a little more time into cleaning and maintaining the area. To make things easier, you may want to make a checklist of things to keep in mind before starting the cleaning process.
Outdoor Patio or Deck Maintenance
You can make maintenance much easier by only using outdoor tile that is UV-resistant, scratch-resistant and water-resistant so you know your patio or deck can withstand normal wear and tear with no issues.
Keeping a regular schedule of maintenance will help extend the life of your outdoor area. There are things you can do regularly to keep this outdoor space looking beautiful.
Here are some tips on how to clean outdoor tile:
- Clear the area of furniture, grills, bikes, etc. It’s important to clear your patio or deck completely so you can clean the entire area without missing any spots.
- Prepare the items you’ll need. You’ll want to gather your materials before starting so you don’t have to keep going back and forth for more. Some things to keep handy are a broom, vacuum, bucket, scrub brush, mild soap or cleaning solution and water.
- Sweep and vacuum regularly. By sweeping your patio or deck daily, you can quickly get rid of any loose dirt or debris and keep the area looking clean.
- Use mild soap, water and a scrub brush to clean any residue or buildup. You’ll want to avoid using harsh chemicals while cleaning your outdoor patio or deck to preserve longevity.
- Allow the area to dry completely. Even with slip-resistant and water-resistant outdoor tile, you’ll want to make sure your patio or deck is fully dry before moving furniture items back into place.
Once your patio or deck is cleaned thoroughly, it will look nice and new again. Be sure to regularly maintain this area to keep it looking clean and fresh.
How Often Should You Clean Your Patio or Deck?
How often you clean your patio or deck may differ depending on the style you chose and the materials used to build it. Emser Tile has a wide variety of building materials, including natural stone, ceramic tile, porcelain tile, glass and mosaic tile. With this selection, you can find what you are looking for according to your specific needs.
When it comes to the style of your deck or patio, cleaning the area may have different protocols. If you have a pool nearby, you will want to work with a professional to ensure that you’ve selected the appropriate pool tile and that it is installed correctly and safely.
With patios or decks made with outdoor tile products, the cleaning process will be significantly easier and won’t need to happen as often. Even so, you’ll want to regularly keep the area clean and free of debris, which may require daily maintenance such as sweeping or vacuuming.
Ask the Professionals
Each Emser Tile product is made with high-quality materials that are UV-resistant, scratch-resistant and water-resistant so you know your deck or patio can withstand normal wear and tear for years to come.
To prolong the life of your outdoor deck or patio tile, remember to keep the area maintained well, even if it’s just a daily sweeping of dirt and debris. To learn more about how to clean your outdoor tile for your deck or patio, contact the tile professionals.
Leave a Reply